Warm, spicy and seasonal. This Gingersnap Oatmeal Bread is a brunch essential this winter. Full of flavor and textures, but not too sweet.
Start your winter mornings with our new, seasonal breakfast bread. Chickpeas pack a healthy dose of plant-based protein and quality fiber into this recipe. Earnest Eats Superfood oats give it a boost of chewiness and a hearty flavor. We spice it with ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. These classic gingerbread spices pack a real festive punch! Try a slice of Gingersnap Oatmeal bread slathered with peanut butter and served with a piping hot cup of chai tea.
Uses: Mighty Maple PRO Oatmeal 8 oz Bag Serves: 10 slices
1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
½ cup nut butter
2 T coconut oil
¼ cup molasses
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup almond flour
cup Earnest Eats Mighty Maple PRO Oats
¼ cup coconut sugar (or substitute)
½ tsp baking soda
1 T ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp cloves
¼ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a bread pan with parchment paper and cooking spray.
- Blend all ingredients except oats in a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, a high-speed blender will work too.
- Once combined, fold in oats. You can do this all in the food processor tub, no need for a bowl!
- Pour batter into your prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 30 minutes before cutting.