BAKED CINNAMON APPLES STUFFED WITH PROTEIN MAPLE OATMEAL
Prep Time: 20 mins
Bake Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 6 Gala apples
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Earnest Eats PRO Mighty Maple oatmeal
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray, or use butter to grease it.
- Cut the stem and center out of each apple to create a hole in the middle. You will be stuffing the apples with the oatmeal.
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the oats, cinnamon and reduce the heat to low heat/simmer. Cook and stir often until the oats are thick and creamy, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat, and stir in the heavy cream and brown sugar.
- Fill each apple with the oatmeal mixture, and top with the almonds. Bake for 20 minutes, until the apples are soft.