Candy Cane Peppermint Ice Cream Sundae
You can hear the sleigh bells from here! Nothing says 'holidays' like Peppermint Ice Cream. We took the classic and transformed it into a winter wonderland sundae treat. Maybe even get creative with the fam with a make-your-own sundae bar!
Servings - 6
Prep Time - 20 mins
Churn Time - 20 mins
Total Time - 40 mins
- 10 full size Candy Canes
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2/3 cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Topping: 1 crumbled Earnest Eats Cran Lemon Zest bar, crushed candy cane, whipped cream, and a full candy cane
- Freeze ice cream tub in freezer
- Unwrap 6 candy canes, pulse in a blender, and set aside.
- Unwrap 4 more candy canes, pulse in a blender, and set aside.
- Place the 6 crushed candy canes and milk in the blender, pulse until the candy is broken down and dissolved in the milk.
- In a bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and sea salt. Add the mixture from the blender, and whisk.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker, add the additional 4 crushed candy canes, and process according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- For soft serve, serve in a container of your choice. Add the crumbled baked bar, crushed candy cane, whipped cream, and candy cane.
- Transfer into an airtight container and freeze the remaining ice cream.