'Tis the season for festive desserts! With more time than ever to get creative in the kitchen, it's the perfect time to whip up this Orange Cranberry Oat Bundt Cake. Festive flavors of cranberry and orange meld perfectly with the buttery cake batter. We kept it gluten-free by using Earnest Eats oatmeal and gluten-free baking flour so the whole fam can enjoy! Tag us in your baking creations @earnesteats
- 2 3/4 cups Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour (1-to-1 baking flour)
- 1/4 cup Earnest Eats Cranberry Almond oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 2 tablespoons Orange Peel Zest
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup Orange Juice (pulp or no pulp)
- 3/4 cup Milk of your choice
- 1 cup Cranberries
- Garnish: 1/2 cup Marshmallows, Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Brush the inside of your bundt pan with coconut oil or grease it with butter. Set aside.
- Using a blender, blend the Earnest Eats oatmeal into a finer powder.
- In a bowl, mix the gluten-free flour, oatmeal, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat the butter until fluffy. Mix in orange zest, and the 2 whole eggs one at a time. For the egg whites, beat until fluffy and then add to the rest of the mixture. Add the maple syrup.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture, orange juice, and milk. Alternate between the three until all are evenly incorporated. Scrape down sides of bowl if needed. Fold in cranberries.
- Pour mixture into the bundt pan, and spread evenly. Place the pan into the oven for 30-35 minutes, until the center sets and toothpick inserted near the middle comes out with minimal crumbs.
- Let cake cool completely. Once cooled, invert the cake onto a plate.
- Using a small mesh strainer, sift powdered sugar around the cake.
- Add marshmallows to decorate. Enjoy!