Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
A cookie a day keeps the doctor away. We put a twist on the classic oatmeal cookie by adding fresh blueberries and using our Superfood Oatmeal, which is filled with power grains, nuts and seeds for more flavor and crunch. These buttery cookies are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Dreams do come true. Sometimes, they come straight out of the oven. Go vegan by substituting a flax egg and vegan butter!
Serves: 24 Cookies
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups Earnest Eats Blueberry Chia Superfood Oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and cooking spray.
- Combine butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir until creamed.
- Add in all other ingredients besides blueberries. Stir everything together. Mix by hand to make sure everything is combined.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Roll the dough into 2-inch rounds and evenly space them on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Bake the cold cookies for 14-16 minutes, until edges start to brown.
- Wait for them to cool, or let our your inner child and sneak a cookie hot of the tray!