Who doesn’t love the cooler Fall air and anticipation of the holidays? We certainly do! We have a fantastic solution for making breakfast time, even if it’s a crowd, just as amazing as the rest of your celebration plans, with the added bonus of being easy and healthy too.
We all know the rush of activity around the dinners and parties means breakfast can feel sometimes like another big effort. We got you! One thing we love about our recipe below is that you can do a bit of prep ahead of time and then sit back and enjoy effortless breakfasts all holiday week long.
Earnest Superfood Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal Recipe
Our Superfood Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal is one of favorite superfood oatmeal recipes for this time of year, and frankly all year long. We know you and your family will love it!
For this recipe you can use any of our Superfood Oatmeal pantry bags, but we especially recommend:
Maple Cinnamon - Everyone loves maple! Also, perfectly complements the pumpkin spice.
Cranberry Almond - The cranberries feel like a celebration of the season
Cocoa Cashew - We love how a bit of chocolate makes breakfast more luxurious..and delicious!
What’s great about any of these is that you have the healthy benefits of the oats and other superfood grains like quinoa and amaranth. Plus, since our Superfood Oatmeal are already blended with nuts, seeds and fruits , you’re getting not only more nutrients but also reducing the need for more shopping trips on ingredients, double win!
- 2 cups Earnest Eats oatmeal (any flavor you prefer)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (adjust to your sweetness preference)
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (if not on hand, substitute with 1 teaspoon allspice)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- *optional* 1 cup Pecans to sprinkle on top
- Cooking spray or butter for greasing the baking dish
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Earnest Eats oatmeal, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly. **optional** sprinkle pecans on top before or after baking to your preference
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the oatmeal is set in the center.
- Remove the pumpkin spice baked oatmeal from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- You can enjoy it warm right out of the oven or refrigerate any leftovers for a quick and nutritious breakfast throughout the week.
Feel free to top your pumpkin spice baked oatmeal with additional maple syrup, a dollop of yogurt, or some extra nuts for extra flavor. Enjoy!